Calling artists, performers, creatives, makers, journalists, scientists, researchers, programmers and anyone interested in telling data stories through art.
dARTa brings data geeks and creatives together with the goal of portraying important eThekwini data in a way that appeals to the public – to touch, hear and feel data that matters.
Date: Saturday, 30 June 2018
Venue: KZNSA gallery, 166 Bulwer Rd, Bulwer, Durban, 4001
Time: 10am – 5pm
- Data geeks are teamed up with creatives
- Data on topics such as income inequality, access to services, education, etc. is explored
- Teams use the data to inspire a creative output such as art, performing art, film, etc.
- Teams present/perform their output at the end of the session.
Data geeks will bring their data and laptops, and creatives will bring their creative tools. A projector and sound system will be available.
Please register using the form below – this will give us an idea of what resources will be required, give you an opportunity to request data that interests you, and allow you to team up with participants before the day. If you don’t get a chance to fill in the form, don’t worry, walk-ins are welcome.
dARTa hopes to…
- Unleash new, innovative ways for researchers to present data;
- Provide creatives with content to generate evidence based art;
- Develop long-lasting partnerships between researchers and creatives;
- Generate outputs that could be reproduced and tested with audiences;
- Produce learnings on how best to disseminate research.
We look forward to seeing you there!
dARTa is facilitated by Lumec, in partnership with Open Data Durban.
Logo credit: @paulfigdesign