Calling artists, performers, creatives, makers, journalists, scientists, researchers, programmers and anyone interested in telling data stories through art. dARTa is a data and art design workshop that brings data geeks and creatives together with the goal of portraying important data in a way that appeals to the public – to touch, hear and feel data that matters.
Date: Tuesday 1 September 2020
Venue: Virtual: Register here: www.sacsc2020.com/
- Data geeks are teamed up with creatives
- Data on topics related to cities is made available
- Teams use the data to inspire a creative output such as art, performing art, film, etc.
- Teams present/perform their output at the end of the week.
See the data that is available here.
At the last dARTa event we created a beat using sexual offence crime data from 3 police stations in Durban. You can find this output here.
dARTa hopes to…
- Unleash new, innovative ways for researchers to present data;
- Provide creatives with content to generate evidence based art;
- Develop long-lasting partnerships between researchers and creatives;
- Generate outputs that could be reproduced and tested with audiences;
- Produce learnings on how best to disseminate research.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Logo credit: @paulfigdesign